abstract/distract



Ch. 1
You're the only person
That can conjure such a rollercoaster of emotions in such a minute space of time,
A white-knuckle ride. The second you board, your mind is clouded with regret.
You know there's no getting out of it, so you face it head-on.
One thing you can be sure of is that it'll leave you feeling sick.

Ch. 2
Your words leave a mark.
A tear, a hole, a void, a scalding burn, a seeping wound,
It's an excruciating pain, but I hang on to each and every syllable
Until it becomes too much to take, so I shout back at you,
And it drowns out everything I don't want to hear,
And as I shout back, I'm having to tell you
All the things I thought I didn't need to say.
I'm spewing a thousand sentences a minute
But they all sound like 'I love you'.

1 comment:

  1. Hey,

    I am Lindsay of luxyland.blogspot,com and am a huge fan of your work and blog.
    Myself and two of my friends are starting a MAGAZINE called Garter. We are Dublin based
    and enthusiastic to get as much people from all over to submit their work.
    It's beginning as a very open space. Basically we want to get people published.
    This is the tumblr with the synopsis. We are totally open to anything you put your creative
    mind to. I would love if you wanted to get involved,

    Love Lux

    http://gartermagazine.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete

by B.T. Eno