'buy film, not megapixels'




So, after several meticulous days (likely, weeks) of searching, and even a rogue purchase from ebay (like, why would you sell something you know isn't working), I finally acquired my canon ae-1. Not the 'program' model but, as far as I'm aware, there's not much difference, and  I've found using the manual to be a pleasure. Yesterday, I decided to take a detour to Whitgift centre, where I finally had my film developed. Is it just me that feels really self-conscious when I go and pick up film? When you think about it, someone always sees your photos before you, and I always get the feeling that I'm being silently judged: perhaps there were too many 'self-portraits', or perhaps the pictures didn't turn out well, and the guy thinks you're a shit photographer. I don't even know why I think about these things, but you should definitely think about these things too. It'll make me seem less weird.

Anyway. I wasn't expecting too much from the images, as I was just messing around with the shots/settings, but some of the images turned out absolutely beautifully. I never believe hype,  but I can definitely confirm that the 'hype' around this camera is justified. I'll be publishing more pictures in future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

by B.T. Eno