gradient sunsets


Oh, this song. I want it to be the soundtrack to my summers forever. And I have been thinking about summer alot lately. Not just because of the unseasonal sporadic sunshine, or the blooming trees. I've just found myself looking at summer pictures, and reminiscing, and hoping, and dreaming. And I do this every year, but this time the feeling is stronger. I need this summer to be the best one yet. Last year was an incredibly difficult year, for so many reasons. I had so much to be thankful for but, at the same time, so much went wrong. Yet even still, the summer gave me some beautiful memories. Ultimately, a good summer can make even the most distressing year one to remember, in some way at least. And when I look back at the pictures of last summer, I don't think about how different last year could have been, not at all. I just look forward to the summer months of this year. I look forward to the anticipation of going outside, or even the anticipation of going inside and laying down by the AC. Having summer hair, making ice lollies out of cola, wearing maxi dresses to the city and not feeling silly. The pretty gradients that accompany sunsets, being awoken by a warm beam of sunlight across your face. All that silly shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

by B.T. Eno