GLIMMER!














It's been a while since I last posted, but don't worry, I haven't given up on this aswell. In fact, I'm constantly thinking about what to photograph, what to post, and how to lay everything out - which is probably why I'm not posting as often as I should.

While I've been away I received tickets to one of my favourite band's shows, The Maccabees. They performed at Brixton's O2 Academy in London, and this must have been the 5th or so time I've seen them live. For a perpetually broke girl like me, that is quite something. And, despite having never had the courage to speak to, or ask for a picture with them, I'm adamant they now recognise me. In fact, I shall keep telling myself this.

The stress of January exams, and my own personal anxieties, were momentarily alleviated as I let the band's warm, familiar tones wash over me. As rowdy as the crowd had been, I remained unusually focused, as if captivated - and the knowledge that I was, yet again, witnessing such a exceptional performance overshadowed the frustration of being prodded violently by various limbs, etc.
Needless to say, it was a wonderful evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

by B.T. Eno